Bidet Benefits for all ages
Water is a versatile cleaning agent that is used to wash a variety of things, from cars to homes to our own bodies. Despite its effectiveness and refreshing feeling, we still use dry toilet paper to clean our most sensitive areas. However, using a bidet can change this practice.
Bidets provide a cleansing and soothing water wash that can leave you feeling clean and fresh throughout the day. These devices come in various forms, including seats, attachments, and sprayers, and can be adjusted to suit individual needs, regardless of gender or age.
In addition to offering users numerous benefits, bidets also have environmental advantages. Every day, Americans use an estimated 34 million rolls of toilet paper, which has a detrimental impact on the environment and depletes valuable resources. Bidet toilet seats can reduce toilet paper consumption by 75 to 100%, allowing users to enjoy a luxurious bathroom experience while also adopting an eco-friendly lifestyle.
In short, with a bidet, you can have the best of both worlds. Keep reading to discover how using a bidet can benefit everyone.
BIDET BENEFITS FOR WOMEN
Helping Women Stay Clean, Every Step of the Way
The bidet seat's dual-wand system provides a clean and refreshing feeling for women. The warm-water cleansing is particularly beneficial during menstruation, as it offers soothing properties that can help alleviate discomfort from constipation, yeast infections, and urethra irritation. Additionally, the bidet toilet seat is especially helpful during and after pregnancy to soothe anal irritation, hemorrhoids, and general discomfort. Some women also find the bidet to be a comfortable and hygienic method of cleansing following intercourse.
Bidet toilet seats are especially beneficial during menstruation. Menstrual flow is not just blood but also contains cervical and vaginal mucus and degenerated endometrial particles. When exposed to air bacteria, it can decompose and cause unpleasant odors. The feminine wash provided by the bidet seat gently cleanses the area, removes any odor, and can make a potentially uncomfortable time of the month more manageable. Furthermore, the bidet's dual-wand system can also keep the rectal area clean.
YEAST / URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS
Yeast infections and urinary tract infections (UTIs) can result in uncomfortable symptoms like itching, discharge, and unpleasant odor. Although bidets cannot cure these infections, they can offer a soothing effect to alleviate the symptoms while undergoing treatment.
The bidet is ideal for pregnant women for many reasons:
- Hemorrhoids - During pregnancy, women frequently experience weight gain which can lead to the development of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are characterized by painful burning sensations, itching, swelling, and bleeding. The use of toilet paper can worsen these symptoms. However, bidets offer a warm-water posterior wash and air dryer that can effectively replace abrasive toilet paper. This keeps the affected area clean and dry, providing much-needed relief from tenderness and irritation.
- Lack of Mobility - Pregnancy can result in changes in body shape and weight gain, which can make it challenging for pregnant women to clean hard-to-reach areas of their bodies thoroughly. The bidet's dual-wand system is a helpful tool for expecting mothers as it provides effective cleansing for both the feminine and posterior areas.
- Cleanliness Before and after Delivery - Pregnant women require additional assistance with hygiene. Prior to giving birth, women may encounter the expulsion of the mucus plug, ruptured membranes, and the leakage of amniotic fluid. The use of a bidet for gentle cleansing can offer comfort and alleviation.
In the initial weeks following childbirth, numerous significant physical transformations take place, some of which can be alleviated by using a bidet and its mild warm water cleansing. Some examples include:
- Lochia - The term "lochia" refers to the bleeding that transpires as the uterus sheds its lining following childbirth, regardless of whether it was vaginal or cesarean. Historically, women were advised to anticipate lochia for 10 to 14 days. However, recent research has shown that the majority of women experience lochia for a minimum of one month after delivery, with some experiencing it for up to six weeks. As a result, it's necessary to maintain exceptional feminine hygiene during this time, and a bidet can provide that even when sleep-deprived or holding a baby with one arm.
- Perineum -Swelling, bruising, or other perineal issues following childbirth can be alleviated with the use of a bidet.
- Urinary tract - After childbirth, medical professionals may want to confirm that there are no bladder issues resulting from trauma to the area during delivery, the effects of specific anesthetics, and other factors. A bidet provides exceptional hygiene for urinary clean-up.
BIDET BENEFITS FOR MEN
The posterior wash feature of a bidet toilet seat, with its comforting warm water, can alleviate discomfort linked to constipation and hemorrhoids. It also provides men with an effective method of improving their anal hygiene. Moreover, the heated seat and warm air dryer enhance the overall experience of using the toilet.
BIDET BENEFITS FOR SENIORS
For seniors, the personalized and user-friendly controls of a bidet toilet seat can help them maintain independence in a sensitive and personal area. Seniors who face challenges such as arthritis, incontinence, or mobility issues can now address their bathroom needs effectively with our bidet toilet seat, without relying on others and without risking indignity.
Urinary incontinence, which affects over 13 million people in the US, can occur in anyone but is more common in older individuals. At least 1 in 10 people over 65 years old experience this issue, which ranges from mild leaking to uncontrollable wetting.
Incontinence can cause discomfort and embarrassment, but using a bidet can help relieve those feelings by providing a convenient and straightforward way to maintain cleanliness and freshness.
BIDET BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
It can be challenging for even those children who are potty-trained to clean themselves correctly after using the bathroom. Fortunately, bidet toilet seats offer a hygienic solution that can help kids clean themselves more effectively. Additionally, using a bidet toilet seat can promote the importance of maintaining cleanliness and hygiene.
BIDET BENEFITS FOR MEDICAL NEEDS
- Loss of Mobility - Experiencing a loss of mobility, whether it's temporary or permanent, can be a painful and frustrating experience that makes performing everyday tasks difficult. One such task is going to the bathroom, which can become challenging due to partial or total mobility loss caused by various conditions such as arthritis, broken bones, Dupuytren's disease, and hernia and rectal surgery. With over 70 million Americans affected by arthritis or joint inflammation, it is not uncommon for individuals to experience serious limitations in their movement. Thankfully, the use of a bidet can help people suffering from such conditions regain their independence and dignity by allowing them to use the toilet unaided.
- Hemorrhoids - Hemorrhoids are a common condition where the veins around the anus swell and protrude, causing symptoms such as pain, burning, itching, swelling, and even bleeding. This condition affects up to 10 million Americans, with the majority being between the ages of 45 and 65. However, more than half of the population will experience hemorrhoids at some point in their lives. The good news is that there are alternatives to surgery to alleviate symptoms. The bidet, for instance, eliminates the need for abrasive toilet paper when using the toilet. Its warm water jet and warm air dryer provide relief from tenderness and irritation associated with hemorrhoids. Unlike traditional toilets that can cause further complications, bidet owners may look forward to using the toilet as it offers a pleasant and soothing experience. This can be a significant relief for sufferers who often dread going to the bathroom and may try to postpone it, causing additional discomfort.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Incontinence - For patients with incontinence and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), skin care is a crucial aspect of their overall health. However, traditional cleaning methods such as using toilet paper or soap can cause dryness and irritation to the anal tissue. Thankfully, bidets offer a solution to this problem by allowing for multiple washings without the skin abrasion and irritation caused by other methods. This means that patients can maintain their hygiene and skin health without the discomfort and potential complications associated with traditional cleaning methods.
- Crohn’s Disease - Crohn's disease is a condition that causes inflammation and irritation in different parts of the gastrointestinal tract, often resulting in a frequent need to use the toilet. However, the use of traditional toilet paper can be harsh and abrasive to the skin, leading to discomfort and potential complications. Fortunately, bidets provide a solution by allowing for complete and gentle cleansing after each bowel movement, reducing irritation and discomfort associated with Crohn's disease.
ENVIRONMENTAL BIDET BENEFITS
Americans use, move, and dispose of 34 million rolls of toilet paper every day, resulting in the cutting of 54 million trees annually to keep up with demand. This production process also requires significant amounts of water, chemicals, and energy, making it an environmentally destructive process.
These findings are based on a 2008 Lifecycle Inventory (LCI) Study by Franklin & Associates, which compared normal toilet paper use to that with a bidet toilet seat.
The study found that a bidet toilet seat significantly reduces the amount of toilet paper used, resulting in a 75 to 100% reduction. This means that using a bidet toilet seat can have a positive and significant impact on the environment. While some people express concern about the amount of water used in the bidet, it actually uses less water than the toilet paper production process, resulting in significant water conservation. Therefore, using a bidet toilet seat not only benefits personal hygiene and comfort but also contributes to environmental conservation.